Thursday, May 28, 2009

Spring Pictures...

Spring Time always brings with it School Pictures. The Spring Pics are way different then the Fall ones. The Fall ones are much more official and formal. It is the picture that goes in the yearbooks, that goes out in the Christmas cards, that goes on their student ID cards. The Spring ones are much more fun. You get to wear new spring clothes, and pick fun backgrounds.

Emily's pictures came home today. I somehow have a feeling her class had theirs taken at the end of the day due to her appearance. I hate school pictures for that reason. You have to pay an astronomical fee for a picture you have no idea how it's going to turn out and your stuck with it.

For the most part...I have been mostly happy with what has come home. Now this one...I'm not quite sure how I feel. Do you see her slouching? Her tired eyes? Her messy hair? Her cute little Capri's cut out of the picture. And what is up with that background?? THAT is the "Beach Theme" I picked?

Well, I at least have a token of their school age years to show them when they are older. That's really what it's all about, right?

P.S. Happy Birthday Melinda!

XOXO

4 comments:

Kaci said...

I think it's adorable!!!! :)

jmt said...

I think she's got a great smile on. She looks HAPPY. Hair and clothes be damned...although I personally find neither to be rumpled or tired. LOL Have you SEEN my boys' hair?? Seriously.

Anonymous said...

School pictures plain out stink! They took Jacob's after lunch this year...really?! His shirt revealed everything he ate!

Leah said...

I think it's still pretty darling! But you explanation is exactly why I DON'T pay for the spring pics. I'm happy to buy sight unseen in the fall, but in the spring, we go to JCPenney Portrait Studio and for the same $30-ish dollars, I walk out with a TON more pictures, and I've had some say-so for every last one of them and get to pick my poses and mix-match my portrait "package". I just got MY Emily's done last Saturday and OH MY WORD did the bulk of them turn out ADORABLE!!