Tuesday, May 19, 2009

It is time for...


Hello! Time to unabashedly share with the world what a perfect person I am by letting you know all of the things that I did or didn't do this past week. I will invite you all to join me at the end of this post! So, with almost full disclosure, I present to you, my week:


*As I shopped Saturday for my sister's birthday present, I did not then love what I bought her, and go back down the aisle and get myself one too.


*I did however enjoy baking her cupcakes and surprising her at Scrapbook Club with them and a small gift and everyone singing to her, knowing the real reason for my happiness was that SHE was turning a year older and not I.


*I just may have enjoyed myself so much at Scrapbook Club that I talked and visited so much I got half the pages done I normally do.


*And I certainly did not stand in my front yard talking to my oldest, dearest friend after Scrapbook Club until 12:30am and laughing so much my cheeks hurt.


*And I most certainly did not then climb into bed at 2am.


*But I did giggle like a girl Sunday as I got ready for our big Sammy Hagar/ChickenFoot Concert. It was a Roadshow rehearsal test concert, for a new "Supergroup" band he started with Joe Satriani, Michael Anthony and Chad Smith (Red Hot Chili Peppers), and only 1000 people got tickets, and I got 6 of them!!!


*And I may or may not have danced so much my legs hurt today.


*And I Did scream so much my throat hurt.


*And I did stand in line for 3 hours and get the equivalent to 2nd row seats in front of the stage. So close that when Sammy came to our side, I could have touched him. And I almost did, but the big security guy standing in front of me was scary.


*And I did get butterflies in my tummy when Michael Anthony pointed at me and sang to me all the while looking right at me and then waved. Is that a sign that I go to too many concerts to see them? The guy next to me asked "does he know you?" LOL - if only he knew.


*DH did get a Joe Satriani guitar pick when he threw it in the crowd to go with our collection.


*I may or may not have been so excited that during our 2+ hour drive home I could not sleep. But when we got home at 1:30am Sunday night (or is it Monday Morning?) I crashed like there was no tomorrow.


*I did however have so much fun with friends on the drive down, dinner, show and drive home that it was priceless.


*You live only once, so I am living it LARGE!
XOXO

3 comments:

Kaci said...

You are so cute! XOXO...I am not slightly jealous that you have a scrapbook club that I am not going to...cause God knows I'm a year behind. UGH. Maybe it's a good thing I'm not having another child soon. LOL!

jmt said...

You, my friend, are definitely living it right! :) I love hearing stories about you being out and about...it makes me realize I really, really, REALLY need to get out more myself.

Lisa Baldwin said...

Great things to be thankful for I always love my sister’s birthday because she is also a year older than me... lol!