Saturday, June 13, 2009

The last day of School...

The last day is so much fun. I loved the last day. Didn't you? It's a Free Fun Day. Your at school...here's the kicker...you don't have to LEARN!!! LOL - sit around, laughing and being silly, signing yearbooks, getting phone numbers promising to "hang out" over the summer (but rarely followed through) and wearing shoes you would normally not be allowed to wear to school. I'm a Flip Flop person. And usually during the school year, you can not wear them. A note comes home that says "Please wear appropriate shoes that can be worn for PE", so out goes Flip Flops. But on the last day of school...what are they gonna do? Send you home? LOL - plus, there's no more PE to worry about!

Thursday was the kids last day of school. I picked Austin up from school as he gets out an hour before Emily, and we headed over to her school. We hung out in her classroom and got to participate in silly games and visiting with her classmates and teacher. Sadly, her teacher is not returning next year. She is moving to a different Junior High to teach 6th grade. Do you all call it "Junior High" or "Middle School"? Where I grew up, it has always been Junior High. But here...they all call it Middle School. I have the hardest time correcting myself. ugh...
Good Ole "Duck, Duck, Goose" - Do you see Emily? She's running in the blue shirt.

So the kids had a great time, and I got some class pics for her teacher for her last class at the elementary school. It was a bittersweet moment for her I'm sure. Sad to leave one school, but excited over a new challenge.
The last day of 2nd Grade...

Austin was very happy to learn that his 5th grade teacher who had moved to the same "Junior High" he moved too is going to be teaching 8th grade next year, and he just so happens to be...shhh...dont say it too loud...an 8th grader too. So he is crossing his fingers that he gets her. I am too, I really liked her.
Emily and Her Teacher on the last day...

After school, we went out for Ice Cream at Cold Stone. Do you have them? It's where they make heavenly concoctions on a cold slate of marble and you drool the whole time your eating it. We never go, it's not cheap, so it was a great treat for them to end the school year.

Now please excuse me...I need to go cry in a corner somewhere and try to come to reason that I now have an 8th grader...
XOXO

1 comment:

Kaci said...

Wow I remember 8th grade...no comment. LOL!