Sunday, August 2, 2009

We're back...

Did you miss us? ;o)

Well...the trip started off not so good. In fact...it plain ole' stank. Literally. Emily got car sick on the mountain roads and puked in the car several different times, and we had to stop and keep cleaning the car and her out. There was also road construction for about 25 miles of the mountain highway we were on, and we had to keep stopping and just park the car and wait for 30 minute increments before moving again. That happened about 4 times each way. Ugh...So we made our first destination pretty late(2+ hours late)to get to the sight seeing we had planned. So we hung out at the hotel doing laundry and swimming, letting her tummy settle down. DH ran to the store to get car cleaner and scrubbed seats to get smell out. Yuck.

Emily on the beach not feeling so well after being car sick...

By late afternoon, we hit the road in search of the beach and found this killer sandy beach and played! Emily still wasn't 100% so Austin and I played for her. We built a moat around our volcano we built. And then Austin buried my legs and left me to the rising currant. So this momma took things into her own hands and CHASED said little boy down and dragged him into the ocean with me, cast and all! LOL - He was so shocked! The water was SO COLD, but refreshing. Never mess with a momma, we will always win! Austin let his guard down and we had a pretty good time together while daddy and Emily sat in the car cuz her tummy was still not 100%. Poor thing...

Austin building the moat...
Austin and I building our Volcano and Moat...
I will recap each leg of our trip a little a day and share our adventures...there are many! ;o)
XOXO

2 comments:

Kaci said...

Ugh I used to get car sick alllll the time, but hey it got me a shot gun seat alll the time too. LOL! I can never drink a mint flavored milk shake because of it though...BLECK! :) LOL! Looks delightful, glad you had a good time. XOXO

jmt said...

Car sick? Poor thing is right, that has to stink. Literally and all. :( I wish we could get in a car and drive to a beach without being in the car for over a day. LOL I'm jealous. I hope your trip was just what you and your fam needed. Ours was.