Sunday, February 8, 2009

Austin's Baseball pics

We start Baseball season next week, and it got me thinking of all the years we have been playing. Austin started playing baseball when he was 5 years old. Little T-ball, with little kids, in little cleats, and little gloves. It was so cute! Now that little boy is 12 years old and about to enter the Majors division for the first time and we have learned there are many coaches scouting for him right now. It is so exciting to see the pride in him when he does well, but especially when he hears about all these different coaches trying to trade players to get him and come stake out his games to watch him play. He is one in a very rare field of players that are lefties. He bats right handed and pitches left. And throws strikes every time.
This is from this past year, look at how high that leg comes up, the power in that throw!

I ran across this picture the other day and remembered why I loved it. This is from 2 years ago when he played for the Braves. Every year the league hires an Action Photographer that captures the players in action during games, and then sells the pictures to the parents of their kids, and the league gets a profit percentage. Kind of like a fundraiser. Normally I take enough of my own pics, that I don't bother buying them. The prices are usually ok, but to pay $10 shipping for a few prints isn't worth it. But this one year, this one photographer caught the one pic that was worth it! Check out this player:
Tell me he shouldn't be on an advertisement for Nike or some sports on some billboard??? The look of concentration was amazing to capture. And since I had to get that one, I bought a few others to make myself feel like paying the shipping was worth it. LOL I love how the photographer captured this off center and twisted yet focused on his concentration!

I can't wait for the new season to start and find out which coach won the fight and got Austin!
XOXO

2 comments:

Korndog said...

I love the black and white one. What great pictures.

Leah said...

That is most definately an awesome picture!! I'd have paid big bucks for it, too. LOL

and wowzers, I think I'd fall right over and hurt myself if I tried to lift my leg that high, like in the first picture you posted!! ha ha!