Wednesday, March 17, 2010

I'm heartbroken to say...

I haven't been around this week because Monday, my Uncle unexpectedly passed away in his sleep. My Aunt was home and found him. He was the life of the party, made everyone smile, the kids loved him and he would take the shirt off his back for you. You heard him before you saw him, and you were more likely to find him on the floor playing with kids or out back swimming with them. He was larger then life in every sense of the word. He was so in love with my aunt, that he pursued her for years before she would go out with him. He doted on her in every way. His eyes lite up when he saw her and she shone when he walked in the door. Their marriage was truly made in heaven. It was her second marriage, and after such a turbulent first marriage, he was exactly what she needed and deserved. I still am in shock that he is gone. And I am sure at the Memorial it will hit me. My Aunt called me today and asked me to read during the Mass for him. I started crying. What an honor. For I read during the Mass at their Wedding. I feel so blessed to have had the privilege to have known him in my life and I will remember him forever!

XOXO

1 comment:

Leah said...

I didn't even know him, but reading your words made me cry! Sounds like your family was blessed to have had such an amazing person part of it for as long as he was here on Earth.