Sunday, January 8, 2012

Happy New Year 2012...

Where has the time gone? Christmas and New Years flew by, and school started back up, homework, sickness, and sports have consumed my life. I really need to get a job and have a reason to leave my home other then for doctors. I need the social interaction with ADULTS! :)

Don't get me wrong. I am enjoying my time home, and have really been able to do things I would not otherwise be able too. But I am a social butterfly. I need to meet people, talk to people, socialize. In other words, LIVE LIFE.

Did I mention that Austin is playing Rugby? Yeah, my son who has played soccer and baseball his whole life decided that this year he didn't want to play either, and surprised us by going out for Rugby. Go Figure. He didn't want to try out for Football to be the kicker, because he might get tackled, so he plays Rugby which is Football without pads! :) he loves it though. He is having the best time. I am really excited for games to start and see him in action.

Emily has had quite the time recovering from her hospital stay and new meds. Every medication comes with side effects, and she's on a few different ones that it's hard to tell which one is doing what so we can change it. So unfortunately, it becomes trial and error. I hate doing this to her. But we are hoping one of these days we find a combination that works. She has also made a new friend, and we have been busy getting to know the family and having play dates and sleepovers. her friend is "special" also, so it's quite a handful with the two together. But they get such joy from each other, it's hard saying no to them.

DH and I have been busy taking down all the Christmas decorations, getting the house back to normal, and trying to make plans for the new year. Along with a new year, comes Health Insurance decisions, Tax decisions, Deductibles, planning health care out for the year, planning finances and hating trying to second guess what the economy and the future year is going to do to us and making the adjustments. One of them being out dental insurance. Can you believe for our family of four, we were paying $150 a month for dental insurance. And that's through an employer who is paying part of it. That comes too $1800 a year for teeth cleanings. Are you kidding me? Our deductible on the insurance had us still paying $40 a cleaning out of pocket on top of that. So tell me what exactly were we paying for??? So i paid almost $2,000 a year and i only got 50% coverage? yep, dropped that coverage! Now lets hope no one cracks a tooth this year.

So 2012 is looking up for us. I mean, it has too, right? We have certainly seen our share of hard times, i mean, who am i kidding? We've seen our share of IMPOSSIBLE times, HORRENDOUS times, SAD times. So 2012 has to start off good, maintain that momentum, and end with a great promise. I'm going to do my best to remain positive, change my attitude, embrace the life I've been given, put myself first and take care of myself, and love harder. I'm going to do my best to get a good job to help carry bills, support and cheer my children on, and remain my DH's cheerleader. I'm signing Emily up for Special Olympics this month so she can join in some sports and activities, cheer Austin on at Rugby which goes for 6 months and exercise and eat healthier.

I have realized in the last few months, that my life is what I make of it. I only get one shot at this life as I am always telling my son, so I need to use my own advice and make changes to embrace it. I want to enjoy life, look forward to the tomorrow while living the today, and loving the yesterday. And only I can make that happen.

So here's to a New Year!

Happy 2012 to you and yours.

XOXO

2 comments:

Kaci said...

Happy New Year!

Leah said...

I hope 2012 brings you all the good things you're hoping for!