Monday, January 3, 2011

My Navy Nephew...

Please say a prayer and remember him in your daily blessings. He is being loaded onto a Military plane right now and being sent across the world from me to try and go save the world in a not so good of a place.

This is his first "real" deployment out, and worst is that they are sending him to another crew that is not his own nor will he know anyone. It sucks that there is such a limited supply of speciality skills out there and puts you in high demand.

I worry so much about him. But I know and trust that life's roads take us to many places and he will experience things he would never be able to otherwise. And as upset as he is about not being with his guys, just as life derails from what we may have "planned", his course will be reset and adjusted many times. And the possibilities are endless for him.

I miss him so much already and love him dearly.
God Speed...

XOXO

2 comments:

Leah said...

I understand the stress of a loved one being shipped out. My BIL spent a year in Iraq/Afganistan, and several other odds and ends places along the way, and it was so hard! My thoughts are with your nephew and the family while he's away.

jmt said...

I hope that he finds just as good of friends in his new "group". There's always something positive to take from changes, even if we can't see it in the beginning. I hope he's well!