Saturday, August 11, 2012

School has started...

Yep, I have been in complete denial all summer. Refused to listen. Even put the school envelope up high and out of sight. But the darn date kept coming closer, and Emily wouldn't let me hide under my covers any longer. I had to face the facts!
Emily is now in Middle School!

SOB! ACK! WAHHHHH.....

I still don't know how my baby girl got old enough for middle school. But I was forced to take her to pick up her Student ID card, school pictures, get her schedule, PE clothes, Yearbooks, Lunch cards, and the whole time i dragged my feet with Emily pulling my arm everywhere telling me to hurry up.

And this is what I got:
Someone please tell me how my baby, my youngest, my sweet lil' girl grew up????

SIGH.

Now...I'd like to digress from here a moment. What did they call your school? Mine was called a Jr. High. NOT a Middle School. Do you know how many times I have said Jr. High??? And everyone looks at me like I'm crazy. "What's she talking about?" "What's this Jr. High she keeps talking about?"

OK, back to Emily. Her first day was last week and she was so excited she woke up at 6:30 am and was dressed and ready when i got out of the shower. Wha-What??? This is the first year she is riding a bus, changing classes for 6 periods, dressing down for PE, and she is LOVING it! And i get peace of mind by knowing an aide is following silently behind her.
So far she has come home every day very talkative, happy, eating all her lunch, and loving life.

But I know all that will change.
Soon.
When homework is assigned.
And PE actually starts.
And friends move on.
And...and...
But for now...Momma's a happy girl! :)

XOXO

No comments: