Friday, February 18, 2011

Have you seen my lung...

I've been sick. I've been really sick. I've been REALLY really sick.

Wanna know how sick? I haven't put on make-up in 5 days!!!

I took Austin to Urgent Care on Sunday because his cough was worse, his fever spiked high, and he hadn't moved from his bed in 3 days and THAT is so unlike him.

He had Pneumonia.

Sunday, the same Sunday, i started coughing. Sunday night, I started coughing allot. Monday I was choking. I spent the next 3 days in bed or sitting up on the couch so I could breathe and not choke. And it wasn't a cough. It was a VIOLENT cough that left me with a pounding headache from coughing so hard, and my back hurting from tensing so bad to cough.

I was miserable.

Monday, I get a call from school that Emily is sick. Coughing to the point of throwing up.

By Wednesday night, I went to Urgent Care. The doctor asked "what's wrong?" as I lay there choking in the room. I said "I purr when I breathe." He listened. He said, "do you hear that too when you breathe?" I said, "yep, like I said, I purr like a kitten." I was wheezing so bad he checked my O2 levels. Then he sent me home with 4 meds and said I had Bronchitis.

It's contagious. This Upper Respiratory Infection. Within one day of being around the person, you got it. The little girl I watch sometimes, got it. The neighbor, got it. The dog I think got it. The fly on my wall got it. The whole school is out with it. And the cough? The cough is HORRID. It hurts. It hurts everything. I swear, I coughed up my lung and it flew out of my body. I can't find it. So if you see it around, can you kindly ask it to come back? I'd like to breathe with out purring...thanks

XOXO

3 comments:

Kaci said...

Iy yi yi toots!! Feel better!

jmt said...

I will certainly look for it. I am afraid we've been bitten by some sort of bug too, possibly respiratory. Two of the four had strep a week ago. One isn't healthy yet and going back to the doctor today. The littlest one has had a cough and congestion, and I think maybe has an ear infection or something. I hope you guys get better, I hope we get better. Here's to Spring!! :)

Leah said...

yikes!! I hope you're all on the mend by now!! Being sick stinks! Especially when it wipes out the whole family and you're stuck baby-ing "babies" while trying to baby yourself as well.